17 July, 2010

Late Night Driving Music

I had a gig last night that kept me out until the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I got home until around 4 or 4:30 in the morning. Seems like this is a good time to list some of my favorite Cd's to listen to late at night on my way home from gigs. These are in no particular order.

#1. Kenna - Sacred Cow



This is what I put in last night. If you've never heard this, check it out. Good Stuff.

Favorite Tracks: Hellbent, Free Time, Red Man


#2. Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog




I had never heard Iron & Wine when I found this CD on clearance at Target for like four bucks but had heard it was good so I bought it. It's not only good, it's great. I listen to it quite a bit. Especially late.

Favorite Tracks: Boy With a Coin, Peace Beneath the City, House by the Sea

#3. Soul Coughing - Irresistible Bliss



This is one of my all time favorite Cd's. It's not like anything else I've ever heard.

Favorite Tracks (for late night driving): Sleepless, How Many Cans?, Soundtrack to Mary, Lazybones

#4. Björk - Post



Another one of my all time favorites. Also, another one that's not like anything else out there. I love her voice. I love the production. I love the fact that when I started listening to her, most of my friends would ask what the hell it was (remember that I said that, there will be further posting on people saying what the hell are you listening to?).

Favorite Tracks: Possibly Maybe, Army of Me, Hyper Ballad, The Modern Things, It's Oh So Quiet

1 comment: